Tuesday, May 25, 2010

cupcakes

last year i was busy planning our wedding...which i never thought i would enjoy so much. it was probably because it kept me busy and it was a way for me to be creative and see how the ideas in my head about what my wedding would look like actually come to reality. i had fun with it and when the wedding was over i got to decorate our new home..which was super exciting for me because one my hubby said that i could decorate it however i wanted and two because i was always into interior design tv shows and i always liked looking at furniture and decor whether it be in a magazine or a store. i work as a lab technologist so the wedding and the new condo were great creative outlets for me. a couple of months ago i was talking to my hubby about how i was getting bored with just working and i needed a new way to express my creativity. we came up with a few different ideas together but the one that really sparked my interest was baking cupcakes. not just regular cupcakes like chocolate and vanilla and all that but actually coming up with really different flavors.

so we brainstormed some more and we thought...wouldn't it be cool if you bit into a cupcake and it tasted like an orange creamsicle. so i experimented with a few different recipes over a few weeks and i think i almost have it the way i want it to taste. i made them on saturday night for my cousin's fiancee's bridal shower. the theme of the shower was citrusy orange luau...so i thought it was quite appropriate. my tita said she wanted me to make them again for their wedding shower in a few weeks and i got some good comments from other guests..so i think that's a good sign right?

here are some pictures of my cupcakes.

while we're doing pictures i might as well post some of the shower..enjoy!

hawaiian sisters

the bride to be in her toilet paper wedding dress

my mommy and me

No comments:

Post a Comment